Can you believe it – there’s only 13 more days before Christmas! Do you have your Christmas cards finished yet? If you’re looking for ideas to complete them, how about a slimline card? And if you haven’t created a slimline yet, I encourage you to give it a try! It was so much fun to create!
The stamp set featured in today’s card is the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set. These gnomes are just so ‘Holly, Jolly, and Everything’ and are sure to bring joy to your recipient! I used two squares from the Stitched Shapes Dies to create the frames and below you’ll find a photo of how I layered them together. Below is a list of the supplies I used to create this card.
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about this card, so don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I hope everyone is taking time to enjoy the true meaning of this season. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and have a Merry Christmas!
- Stamp Sets: Gnome for the Holidays – 153322
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Basic Black – 132708, Versamark – 102283
- Card Stock: Whisper White 100730, Seaside Spray – 150883, Basic Black – 121045
- Stampin’ Blends: Highland Heather Combo Pack – 154887, Pool Party Combo Pack – 144605 , Balmy Blue Combo Pack – 154830
- Miscellaneous: So Many Snowflakes Dies – , Stitched Shapes Dies – , Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper – , Blue Adhesive Backed Gems – , Stampin’ White Emboss Powder – , Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Glue Dots 103683, Multipurpose liquid glue 110755, Snail Adhesive 104332, Simply Scored Scoring Tool 122334
- Seaside Spray: Card Base 9 x 7 1/4” scored at 3 5/8
- Whisper White: 8 3/4 x 3 3/8, 8 3/4 x 3 1/4 (cut 2), 5 1/2 x 2 1/2, 3 x 4 1/2
- Basic Black: Scrap
- Snowflake Splender Designer Series Paper: 8 5/8 x 3 1/4
- Twine: 31 inches
- Cut and score the Seaside Spray card base.
- Stamp the gnomes in Memento Tuxedo Basic Black ink onto the 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of whisper white card stock. Color using Stampin’ blends. Fussy cut around the three images.
- Die cut three squares using one of the 8 3/4 x 3 1/4 whisper white card stock. Stamp ‘Holly’, ‘Jolly, and ‘Everything’ using Memento Tuxedo Basic Black ink onto the bottom of each square.
- Die cut 2 snowflakes using 3 x 4 1/2 piece of whisper white card stock.
- Stamp a ‘a little christmas wish’ using Versamark ink and then heat emboss using Stampin’ white emboss powder.
- Adhere layers as follows onto front of Seaside Spray Card base: 8 3/4 x 3 3/8 whisper white, 8 5/8 x 3 1/4 Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper, and Whisper White die cut squares using Multi-purpose glue.
- Attach snowflakes using Multi-purpose glue.
- Adhere gnomes and ‘a little christmas wish’ using dimensionals.
- Add Blue Adhesive Backed Gems.
- Wrap twine around card base and tie with embellishment of your choice.
- Inside: Onto 8 3/4 x 3 1/4 Whisper White card stock, stamp the gnome tree house and ‘There’s no place like Gnome’ sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Basic Black ink. Color the gnome tree house using Stampin’ blends.
- Adhere to the inside of your card using adhesive of your choice.