Painted Poppies Birthday-Remembering Our Veterans
How many of you have loved ones who are Veterans or currently serve our country? I have many family members and friends who have served our great country. My husband, father, brothers-in-law, late father-in-law, grandfather and uncles all served our great country. I am so thankful for their great service and sacrifices they made for our freedoms.
Did you know the poppy is our official symbol of remembrance? On Memorial Day, in the United States, we wear the symbolic red flower to honor and memorialize the many men and women who gave their lives fighting for our country to protect our freedoms. Friends, as Memorial Day approaches, please join me in remembering our veterans, soldiers and their families for the sacrifices they made and make for our freedoms.
Today’s card features the beautiful Painted Poppies Bundle and Designer Series Paper. Wouldn’t you love to give this card to remember the Veteran in your life? I chose to create a birthday card today but this set would also work beautifully for a thank you, thinking of you card or sympathy card. This designer series paper is being retired but the Stamp set will carry over into the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog which will be out on June 3, 2020. The sketch today is simple but elegant, a perfect layout to showcase the beautiful painted poppies bundle.
Below is a list of supplies and measurements used to create this card.
- Stamp sets: Painted Poppies – 153827
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black –132708
- Cardstock/Paper: Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper – 151324, Whisper White Thick – 140272, Old Olive – 100702, Mossy Meadow – 133676, Blackberry Bliss – 133675, Basic Black – 121045
- Stampin’ Blends: Poppy Parade Combo – 147275, Mossy Meadow Combo – 148547
- Miscellaneous: Stitched Shapes – 145372, Painted Labels Dies – 151605, Poppy Moments Dies – 151594, Peaceful Poppies Sequins – 151325, Silver Metallic Thread – 138402, Multipurpose Liquid Glue – 110755, , Mini Glue Dots – 103683, Stampin’ Dimensionals – 104430, Simply Scored – 122334, Die cut machine of your choice.
- Whisper White Thick: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ score at 4 1/4″ card base, 2″ circle, 2″ x 1/2″ sentiment
- Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5 1/8″, 5 1/8″ x 1 1/4″, 2″ x 2″
- Blackberry Bliss: 5¼” x 4″, 3″ x 3″ square
- Mossy Meadow: 5 1/4: x 1/2″, Scraps for Leaves
- Old Olive: Scraps for Leaves
- Basic Black: 2″ x 2″
- Stamp the Happy Birthday with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Whisper White circle.
- Assemble layers as follows on card base: Blackberry Bliss 5¼ x 4, Peaceful Poppies Designer paper 4″ x 5 1/8″ and 5 1/8″ x 1 1/4″; Mossy Meadow scalloped strips.center reverse
- Stamp the poppy flower in Tuxedo Memento Black Ink. Color with Poppy Parade Combo Stampin’ Blends and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends.
- Die cut the following: focal circle frame using Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White Stitched circle, Poppy flower – 2″ x 2″ red, Poppy flower overlay – 2″ x 2″ Basic Black, Poppy Moments Leaves in Old Olive and Mossy Meadow.
- Adhere poppy flower and overlay together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Adhere Old Olive and Mossy Meadow Leaves together using Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere leaves and Metallic thread to Poppy Flower using Glue dots.
- Place dimensionals on back of stitched circle and pop up on Blackberry Bliss frame.
- Place dimensionals on back of poppy flower and adhere to focal image.
- Adhere “happy birthday” sentiment to poppy flower using either Multipurpose Glue or Glue Dots.
- Adhere sequins using Multipurpose Glue.
THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to all service men, women and their families who served and are currently serving our country. I am forever grateful for your great sacrifices and bravery of life, time and love to protect us!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed this card! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I would be thrilled to help!