Hello Friends! Today I’m sharing a masculine Thinking of You card, featuring the By the Dock Bundle. I’ve had this set for a while and finally got an opportunity to create with it. The background uses a pattern from the retired Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper. Isn’t it perfect? When I saw this set, this paper came to my mind right away and I just had to use it. Do you have a retired paper or something similar in your stash that you haven’t used lately? Take some time to dig through your inventory and search for that right element that helps you get creative or click here to check out all the beautiful new designer series paper in the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog!
Also, did you know you can create your own background with ink and a brayer brush? That’s another way to get this background look, and if you don’t know this technique, stay tuned because I’ll cover it in the future.
Oh, the endless creating possibilities! I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the dock, boat, birds, and frog. The dock and boat are colored using Stampin’ Blends Crumb Cake Combo Pack. The frog is colored using Stampin’ Blends Old Olive Combo Pack.
By The Dock – Thinking of You
- Stamp Sets: By The Dock Bundle – 153817, Beautiful Moments – 151677
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black – 132708
- Cardstock/Paper: Soft Suede – 115318, Basic Black – 121045, Whisper White – 100730, Old Olive – 100702, Early Espresso – 119686
- Stampin’ Blends: Crumb Cake Combo Pack – , Old Olive Combo Pack – 154892
- Miscellaneous: Linen Thread – 104199, Multipurpose Glue – 110755, Stampin’ Dimensionals – 104430, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals – 144108, Whisper White Medium Envelopes – 107301
- Soft Suede: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 score at 4 1/4, 3 x 1
- Basic Black: 5 1/4 x 4 cut 2
- Whisper White 5 x 3 3/4, 4 x 2 1/2 cut 2, 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 , 1 13/16 x 15/16, Scraps
- Old Olive: 3 x 1 cut 2
- Early Espresso: Scraps
Here’s a picture of the finished inside.